Membership Application Candidates Seeking to Specialize in Orphan Areas
Our minimum admission requirements are as follows:
- The candidate should have basic pharmacy qualification from a recognized institution.
- The candidate should have undertaken pharmacy internship training and successfully passed the Ghana Pharmacy Professional Qualifying Examination (GPPQE)
- The candidate must be a Registered Pharmacist who has practiced for a minimum of 3 years post –registration
- For PharmD candidates a minimum of 2 years post registration is required.
Specialist pharmacists are needed across all areas of pharmacy, including drug production, public health, quality assurance in pharmaceutical manufacturing, community practice and pharmacy administration. In view of this, the College has received approval to waive the requirement for post-qualification experience for both Bachelor of Pharmacy and Doctor of Pharmacy first degree holders.
The exemption will only be awarded when the Academic Board is completely satisfied that the desired area of specialization is an area which is lacking specialist pharmacists.
- Candidates submit the relevant documents including transcripts, subject to the scrutiny of the Admissions Committee:
- The Admissions Committee after a thorough assessment will submit a recommendation for exemption to the Rector for admission.
- Public Health
- Social and Administrative
- Drug and Herbal Medicine Discovery, Development and Production
- Quality Assurance
- Community and Family Practice
- Critical care
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Infectious Disease and Dermatology